Chinese group Suning complete Inter takeover

Suning Holdings Group announced the details of their acquisition of the Serie A club from president Erick Thohir at a news event on Monday

Chinese retailer Suning Holdings Group have announced they will take a majority control of Inter.

The group have purchased a 70 per cent stake in the club from Erick Thohir, who became majority shareholder and president of Inter in 2013, for a reported fee of €270million.

Suning’s deal was announced on Sunday via the social media pages of Super League outfit Jiangsu Suning, before confirmation of the deal came at a news conference held on Monday.

Zhang Jidong, chairman of the Suning group, welcomed the deal as a watershed moment for a growing football market in China.

“Ours is an international business and our brand will soon be big in Europe, too. Now we have an alliance with an international and European top club. Football is growing at an incredible rate in China and the acquisition of Inter is a strategic move,” he said.

“I’m convinced that undertaking Inter, with its glorious history, is a mission, a responsibility. I’ve become passionate about Inter, being part of the club is a huge responsibility. I thank Thohir for choosing us.”
Thohir, who will stay on as president for the immediate future, and vice-president Javier Zanetti were among the Inter directors attending the event in Jiangsu.

Honorary president Massimo Moratti, who ran the club between 1995 and 2013 and retained a minority stake following Thohir’s takeover, is expected to step aside from any official involvement in the running of the club.

Former Inter CEO Ernesto Paolillo branded Thohir’s spell in charge as “a failure”, with the club having failed to win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League in that time.

“It was inevitable Thohir would sell as his project has been a failure,” he told Radio 24. “The club’s budget was in the red. My vote for his management is a four out of 10.”

Inter are now the third club in Serie A to fall under foreign ownership, with Roma and Bologna controlled by respective American and Canadian groups.

AC Milan are expected to conclude a deal to sell a majority stake to a Chinese consortium in the coming weeks following negotiations with president Silvio Berlusconi.

Inter 'always interested in a guy like Kovacic' – Ausilio

The Serie A side have admitted they would be keen to bring the Croatia international back from his spell at the Bernabeu but feel he could still have a future in Spain

Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio says the door is always open for Mateo Kovacic to return to San Siro, but he hopes the midfielder becomes a success at Real Madrid.

Kovacic left Inter for Madrid last year, but endured a difficult first season, making just eight La Liga starts.

The Croatia international failed to make Zinedine Zidane’s 18-man squad for last Saturday’s Champions League final against Atletico Madrid, and has been heavily linked with a move away from Spain.

Juventus and AC Milan are said to be interested in Kovacic’s services, but Ausilio would like to see the 22-year-old spurn their advances in favour of trying to establish himself at the Santiago Bernabeu or a return to the Nerazzuri.
Ausilio told Radio Umbria: “If he has to come back to Italy, selfishly I hope it’s not to AC Milan or Juve. Inter would hate to see Mateo with another shirt because we are fond of him.

“We always have an interest in a guy like Kovacic, but we cannot set anything. I hope he continues on his path at Madrid, a team that has just won the Champions League.

“It’s true that he did not play much, but Mateo, for his age, has many appearances in professional leagues such as la Liga and Serie A.

“If he is patient, he may become important for Real.”

Signing Yaya Toure not a priority for Inter – director

The Ivory Coast international is being strongly linked with a move to the Nerazzurri but club chief Piero Ausilio insists they have other matters to focus on first

Inter are interested in Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure but are in no rush to push through a deal as they sort a change in ownership, says the Serie A side’s director Piero Ausilio.

Toure, who has just one year left on his current deal at City, is expected to leave the club this summer with speculation claiming incoming boss Pep Guardiola is keen for the Ivorian to move on.

The 33-year-old has been strongly linked with a switch to Inter for several months, which would see him reunite with former City boss Roberto Mancini at the San Siro.

However, Ausilio says plans to sign new players have been shelved until Inter’s ownership situation is sorted, with Chinese investors Suning Commerce Group set to purchase a majority 70 per cent stake from Nerazzurri president Erick Thohir.

“Yaya Toure is a player that we really like,” Ausilio told reporters. “But first we have to sort out [the] ownership change.
READ MORE  | ‘We knew Gundogan wanted City move’

“There are still things to be sorted out between Thohir, [Massimo] Moratti and the Chinese group. That is why we have not pursued Toure yet, but we are interested.

“As a club we are aware of the challenges we face, but we will strive to get better. We are Inter and our goal can’t be to finish fourth.

“There are obviously other teams who have similar ambitions but we are determined to be in the Champions League.”

Toure scored six goals in 32 Premier League matches as City finished fourth this season.

Bruma confirms Inter talks

The 24-year-old defender has admitted he has met with representatives amid reports the Serie A side are ready to table a bid in the summer transfer window

PSV defender Jeffrey Bruma has confirmed he has held talks with Inter to discuss a potential transfer ahead of next season, but is adamant he has yet to make a decision about his future.

The Netherlands international impressed with a string of fine performances in 2015-16 and his displays have not gone unnoticed elsewhere.

The former Chelsea centre-back has been heavily linked with Inter and Wolfsburg in recent weeks and he has already sat down with the Serie A side.

“The talks with Inter were about their plans with me and how coach Roberto Mancini feels about me,” Bruma told AD. “And I obviously had a few questions as well. You always sound each other out a bit to find out each other’s plans.

“I would like to ask [Lazio defender] Stefan de Vrij about his time in Italy. Unfortunately, he is not with the national team at the moment [due to injury].
RUMOURS | Barcelona want Chelsea flop Cuadrado

“But the Premier League would be nice as well. I have obviously already played there before. I also have a good feeling about the Bundesliga following my time with Hamburg. I like all four major leagues.

“But I do not rule out staying with PSV. It would not be a punishment to stay with PSV. I will not make a decision so long as I am still having some doubts. I have a lot of things to take into consideration. PSV would understand it if I leave, but nothing has been decided yet.”

Bruma, 24, has a contract with PSV until June 2018.

OFFICIAL: Inter complete Caner signing

Upon the expiration of his Fenerbahce contract, the Turkey international will move to the San Siro until the end of the 2018-19 campaign

Inter have completed the free transfer of Caner Erkin from Fenerbahce on a three-year contract.
The defender’s contract with the Turkish giants expires at the end of June, with the Serie A side confirming the signing on their official website.
Caner, who has been included in the 23-man Turkey squad for Euro 2016 by Fatih Terim, will be able to link up with his new team-mates from July 1.
READ MORE  | Chelsea lead Mammana raceThe 27-year-old won two Super Lig and two Turkiye Kupasi titles, as well as a Super Kupa, during his six seasons at Fenerbahce.

The news of the signing comes amid reports Inter are set to be taken over by Chinese investors the Suning Group.